Humana HEALThE Schools®
HEALThE™ stands for Healthy Environment & Active Lifestyles Through Education™. With this initiative, Humana and the Humana Foundation have joined forces with schools and nonprofit agencies to answer the question: "What does it take to make kids healthy?"
About the InitiativeSchools and nonprofits can join the Humana Foundation to support student health. Schools and nonprofits already committed to student health use the Humana HEALThE Schools website to:
- Monitor student health behavior choices over time
- Encourage students to be more aware of the daily choices that influence their health
- Eat breakfast
- Consume five servings of non-starchy fruits and vegetables
- Avoid sugary sodas, drinks, and food
- Be moderately to vigorously active for an hour
- Spend less than two hours sedentary in front of a screen (T.V, computer, video game)
- Get nine hours of sleep
The Humana HEALThE Schools website includes a HEALThE Diary™ page through which students report what they ate and how they were active the previous day. A HEALThE Report Card™ page lets students see whether their choices helped them meet (or not) the healthy daily habits being tracked; students can view these reports on a weekly basis and monitor their progress over time.
Schools and nonprofit organizations that work in schools use data obtained through the website to monitor their students' progress. Schools can use information to select or modify school health programs and to apply for school health grants.